A Tenderfoot's Foodventures

A beginner's adventures in cooking

Thursday, August 18, 2005

LASANG PINOY:
AN OVERTURE

I'm feeling too lazy to type anything else, so I'm just gonna post the email I sent to the Filipino Food Bloggers (sort of) Mailing List that explains everything... Yeah, yeah, so I'm a sloth... What? You haven't figured that out judging from how many times I post in a week? ;)

By the way, if any of you want to join the Mailing List, just e-mail me and I'll forward your email addy to the rest. :)


Hi all! I'm jeyc and I'm new to this mailing list. Anyway, I hope you guys don't mind if I talk as if I already know you all. I'm wacky like that.... Hehe. :)

Anyway, in case you guys don't know yet, my food blog is entitled "A Tenderfoot's Foodventure" located at
http://tenderfood.blogspot.com. The name of my food blog is pretty much a dead give away that i'm a total n00b when it comes to cooking, so I'm hoping to learn a lot from all of you. I can't tell you guys how very happy I am to be a part of this e-mail correspondence. :)

Now that we've disposed of the introductions, let's move on to the replies! :)

Nice to hear that you already have your entry for Lasang Pinoy joey! I'm looking forward to seeing it.

To be quite honest, I was too young to remember anything that happened that time, but I have seen enough plays and documentaries about that day (and rallies on tv as well) to know that coffee, hardboiled eggs and pandesal/bread/biscuits are the common foods that rally-ists would bring along for their consumption throughout the whole duration of the rally. So I thought my entry would be a variation of the foods mentioned above.

I actually posted a new coffee concoction that uses Baguio products as ingredients and served with Baguio Butter Oat cookies, and at one point, I thought of using it as an entry for Lasang Pinoy. It would have been perfect too due to the fact that Baguio is an 'ilocano' speaking province (w/c Marcos is) and there's this big statue of Marcos' Head planted on one of the highways leading to Baguio as well. However, since I also wanted to join SHF and their current theme happens to be coffee, I decided to use it as an entry for that instead. I have another entry in mind anyway, and I'm hoping to be able to cook that before the deadline, unless I would be allowed to use PBJ coffee as a double-entry... May I? Hehe... Either way, I'll still cook the other dish, I just want to know if I can still use the PBJ coffee as another entry so I'll have two! :)

I rambled on for far too long, didn't I? Hehe... My apologies... :)

P.S.
Stef, I'm glad that your mom is okay. Btw, thanks again for the encouragement to join food blog events! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Sassy Lawyer said...

Sosy namang mga rallyista yun. Kami nun estudyante, wala baon sa rally. :(

7:45 PM  
Blogger jeyc14 said...

Lol... :) Buti na lang pala di ako nasama sa EDSA 2 kundi baka ginutom din ako. Haha! :)

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home