A Tenderfoot's Foodventures

A beginner's adventures in cooking

Wednesday, August 03, 2005


THE SNACK TURNED BREAKFAST


I seldom eat breakfast, not because I choose not to, but because I often wake up too late to make it to the breakfast table on time. Well, a miracle occurred the other day and I seem to have woken up before everyone else. Since we had some mozzarella in the fridge, I decided to try out a recipe I saw in an episode of Nigella Bites airing on the Lifestyle Network once.


I couldn't find this recipe in her website, so I decided to post the recipe for those who would like to try it.


Mozzarella and Milk Sandwich

Ingredients:

2 slices white loaf bread
mozarella cheese
whole milk
all-purpose flour
1 egg
salt
pepper
olive oil


Procedure:

Remove the bread's crusts, then fill it with the mozzarella cheese leaving a space around the edges to seal the sandwich with. Using your fingers, press the edges of the sandwich together to seal it.

Prepare two bowls to hold the milk and the flour separately. Then in another bowl, beat the egg and add a pinch of salt and pepper to it.

Dip both sides of the sandwich first into the milk, then the flour, then the egg, then fry it in a pan with olive oil. Brown both sides of the sandwich, then take off the heat and drain in paper towels.

Cut sandwich in half and serve hot.

2 Comments:

Blogger stefoodie said...

oooh, jeyc, is that the "mozzarella en carrozza?" just curious.

6:53 AM  
Blogger jeyc14 said...

Is that what it's called? I really am not sure... Hehe... Didn't catch the name when I saw it on Lifestyle. :)

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home